Google Chromebook Forums banner

how to make an audio recording

19K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  annacooper84 
#1 ·
can anyone help me figure out how to make an audio recording with my chromebook? I tried the aviary sound editor but it doesn't work. I think it uses java which obviously is a no go. any other ideas?

#4 ·
The problem is you can't save the file to ChromeBook. What i would do is to look for a lite audio recording software like "app" that would run off a flash/zip drive or SD card. Install the lite app on the zip from a regular PC and see if you can get ChromeBook to run it. You can save the recording to the zip drive (main problem) I am waiting for them to come out with a ChromeBook with SD drives on the bottom of chrome book just for this. Thus one would mount a SD drive to run Apps on ChromeBook and have off line storage on the drive too.

#5 ·
I am waiting for them to come out with a ChromeBook with SD drives on the bottom of chrome book just for this. Thus one would mount a SD drive to run Apps on ChromeBook and have off line storage on the drive too.
The Samsung has already a SD-Slot in the front, but there you could only store Music and Videos for using it offline with the mediaplayer.

A Offline-App-"Cache" for Web-Applications isnt inplemented at this time :(
and some other Web-Apps (like TiddlyWiki) couldnt save, because they didnt got the right to access the SD-Card for saving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.