Does working at home count? - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Does working at home count?

A friend of mine is wondering if he can get the business Chromebook deal if he isn't technically part of a business except for the freelance stuff he does at home. He's worried there's restrictions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 01:43 PM

If he's registered with the government as a business, im sure he can get the chrome book deal. If he isn't registered at all as a business it will be near impossible to get that chromebook business deal, if he could, almost anyone can claim they have a business and get the chromebook deal
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM

I thought you had to order a certain number of computers to qualify. If he is just getting one then he might not get it. Does anyone know for sure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 12:28 PM

Only qualified IT persons are eligible for individual lease agreements. Otherwise a minimum of ten machines need to be leased. http://www.google.com/support/chrome...answer=1289194
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM

So i guess that means google considers a company to be 10 or more people instead of a individual home office or even a small business firm.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 AM

Granted I did have a business but that doesn't mean I would have 10 staff. If I order ten of of this and sell the rest to my friends, would that be possible? Well, there might be restrictions.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Just buy a machines...anytime you try to best the system..you get bested. Plus they will be tied to your business account and liable for the hardware for the next 3 years. Even if there is a 1 buy out at the end..Google can resend the contract at any time which means you have to return the hardware...

Just spend the 430 because getting sued costs more..esp when you break a lease and are liable for the full amount which is 10 machines for 3 years...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 02:48 PM

I think I have read enough information about this topic and I can say that it is not worth all the trouble if your business is personal. Besides the 3-year contract will have cost you a lot more down the road.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 05:57 AM

about this book

Dear Admin,
My friend works at home.He is not a business man, he is not a student.Only that he do his work staying at home. I have told him about this business chromebook. He is worried about that if he can't used them it. For what purpose he used for it. He don't have any ideas.He will be very happy if you give some ideas for him to used this chromebook who stay at home.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 04:31 PM

Hello. I would also like to have this Chromebook but I donít know if I can have it. I am a freelancer and what do I need to do to get it? Can't I just buy it at the store and use it like any other? What's the point? For example, I found it in an online store and what will happen if I order it? By the way, are postcodes correct here https://postcodefinder.net/england/liverpool ? I donít know mine

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page