What do you get for $20 - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

What do you get for $20

So they say that you get a $20 package when you get a Google Chrome Book for education. Can anyone tell me, or link me, to what you get for that $20?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 AM
jwr

You just get the chromebook i think, what else do you want?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM

Is it a $20 book just to educate yourself on how the Chrome Book operates? If you can create documents, etc, all online, I might be interested in knowing how....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM

I think if you know how to use Word, Excel, Powerpoint, or other MS Office product, you can do what you want with Google Docs (all on-line, all open or private depending on your share settings). All free, by the way. Don't know how a Chromebook would change this other than by speed or connectivity. I'm leaning towards a wifi myself.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Education as in institutes/schools. Individual consumers are not eligible for a subscription plan. I'm surprised at how people still seem to be so confused about this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 01:36 PM

The details are not completely clear yet, but I think that this represents a very significant value for the Education community. We often spend huge amounts of money on hardware that is not necessary and software that is overpriced and has more functions than are typically necessary. That doesn't even include all of the IT costs involved. I think that this will be the wave of the future in most Districts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpacafamilia View Post
The details are not completely clear yet, but I think that this represents a very significant value for the Education community. We often spend huge amounts of money on hardware that is not necessary and software that is overpriced and has more functions than are typically necessary. That doesn't even include all of the IT costs involved. I think that this will be the wave of the future in most Districts.
It will be the wave of the future for sure, the price cannot be beat. All the features included for the price is more then worth it. Google still benefits from it greatly from the mass amount of students buying a ChromeBook and for supporting education.

The price is good, but another big plus is chromebook APP's for education. APP's will probably be the next biggest thing for the education system once they see the benefits
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 PM

True but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droymac View Post
Education as in institutes/schools. Individual consumers are not eligible for a subscription plan. I'm surprised at how people still seem to be so confused about this.
Yes that is true, but we might have some people on the forum who are associated with educational institutes who might want to know the answer to something like this. Someone who would rather ask here than look dumb in front of their peers.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM

The pricing is $20 per month. If you plan to use it for 2 years, the cost comes to about $480 (24 months x $20). It maybe cheaper just to buy one if you plan to keep it longer than that.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trees View Post
Yes that is true, but we might have some people on the forum who are associated with educational institutes who might want to know the answer to something like this. Someone who would rather ask here than look dumb in front of their peers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewind55 View Post
The pricing is $20 per month. If you plan to use it for 2 years, the cost comes to about $480 (24 months x $20). It maybe cheaper just to buy one if you plan to keep it longer than that.
Which is fine, Trees...but Google has their own resources for people like that. This is a fan-made message board with lots of misleading information, such as the one above, which was even posted after my comment regarding subscriptions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page