Chrome OS vs Windows OS - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Red face Chrome OS vs Windows OS

confused....

I am a volunteer teacher for hundreds of seniors computers and software at large senior centers here in Colorado. I would love to show them this laptop. Many of them just learned the Windows OS.

If I were to recommend a Chrome Notebook, how difficult would it be for them to transition?

Is the OS that different? Where can I find out more info for demonstration purposes?
- Edie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 PM

I have been teaching a friend of mine who is a senior. When I told him about Google Chromebook he was excited but wondered if he had been waisting his time learning Windows. I look forward to seeing replies to this thread, I want to set his mind at ease.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:44 PM

check here

Quote:
Originally Posted by edie View Post
confused....
Is the OS that different? Where can I find out more info for demonstration purposes?
- Edie
If you click here you can watch some videos that might help explain a few things about the Google Chromebook. I think it would be a moderate transition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
I have been teaching a friend of mine who is a senior. When I told him about Google Chromebook he was excited but wondered if he had been waisting his time learning Windows. I look forward to seeing replies to this thread, I want to set his mind at ease.
FWIW, I think the more different OS's one learns or is exposed to the more versatile one is in adapting to technological change throughout one's career and life. So I think the experience of learning Windows and ChromeOS will not be wasted.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 04:29 AM

I think Chrome OS is ideal for many elderly adults. It's incredibly simple, but it's powerful. The only downside is purely no local apps, but usually all people of that age use the computer for is the web. They would only need someone to explain how to use web apps then they would be able to handle pretty much anything. (assuming they've learned out to attach a file to an email)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lull View Post
If you click here you can watch some videos that might help explain a few things about the Google Chromebook. I think it would be a moderate transition.

Thanks for suggesting this videos link to us..

It can easily explain so many things about the Google Chromebook...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page