writing and viewing HTML page - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

writing and viewing HTML page

On a mac, I can create a HTML document with textEdit and then view the page with a browser.
What text editor is there on a Samsung Chromebook for creating a HTML/JavaScript document? Where do I save the document? How can a view the document with a browser?
François
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know anything about creating any type of HTML document, least at all, using a Chromebook...

But, working back to front (in some respects) what I would try, is creating that document on your Mac equipment, transfer it to an SD card or memory stick (if such is possible) plug either into the Chromebook and see if you can open it to a point where you can edit the file... At least you'd be half way there if you can and it might even indicate how such can be achieved from scratch...

It's just a passing thought that might be of interest to you...

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

An extra thought...

Unless you're already aware, when you plug an SD card or USB stick into a Chromebook, it automatically opens Google docs, and can be seen and activated as required... Just make sure you eject the card or stick, before removal... Right click and eject...

Robbie...

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the £64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 PM

Lightbulb Quickly cut, paste, edit, save, print & email text + simple HTML code editor/viewer

QwikNote from SerigoSoft is a simple text editor that can run in a tab in offline mode. Simple support is provided for the creation, editing and previewing of web pages.

If you dislike starting a separate editor app just to quickly revise some text or make notes or are not always on the internet or like your data private to your machine then this is for you + 3,073 other users like me. Version: 1.1.0.2 Updated: May 30, 2014

Also the only way I've found to spellcheck HTML files in Chrome.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page