Cryptohome error message - Chromebook Forum : Google Chromebook Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Cryptohome error message

We have a school lab of Chromebooks. Recently, when trying to launch an app, we received the message "Kryptonite! The cryptohone for the kiosk application could not be mounted". Shutting the device down

and powering back on cleared the error and the app launched normally. What does this error mean and how can we prevent it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not overly familiar with apps, but my first thoughts, linger around the possibility, that it might be something to do with the app, rather than the Chromebook...

It might help a little, if you mentioned the name of the app, or gave some indication as to what it's supposed to do when prompted...

Just a suggestion in passing...

Robbie....

We can only survive on this earth, as long as we're able to serve the purpose for which we came here...

Therein lies the 64,000 dollar question: 'What might that be'???
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 03:00 PM

We're experiencing the same Kryptonite! issue in our school district. The kiosk app is TestNav v8.2 (Pearson PARCC), being run on Samsung XE303C12 Chromebooks. This has only happened a handful of times, but always occurs after selecting the TestNav program from the "Apps" section of the enterprise login screen. A couple of wipes seems to "fix" the problem, although I have no idea what the cause is, or why I have to wipe the device multiple times to get the problem to go away. We're in the infrastructure trial phase for PARCC testing, with the actual test window right around the corner (1-2 weeks). Little problems like this could be a major nuisance come test day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 10:03 AM

Thumbs down

Just had that error during PARCC testing using the TestNav app, "Kryptonite! The cryptohone for the kiosk application could not be mounted."

Here are the specs of the app:

TestNav App Version: 1.3.59
Client Version: 8.2.194
Test Engine Version: 8.2.64
Applet Version: 8.2.40
Native Version: 8.2.23

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page