Google Chromebook Forums banner

Chromebook for Students ?

13K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  clementishutin 
#1 ·
Is the Google Chromebook for Education available for Students? Or just for schools to buy?

I am a student, and $20/month seems like it would be an awesome deal for me. All i need to buy is a monitor.

#12 ·
The leasing deal is only available for 10 or more devices at a time. Google can't be doing with the admin overhead of huge numbers of small fry $30 dollars a month agreements with poor students where there is a risk they will default and disappear with the hardware. They offer this deal to institutions who will order in large numbers and be reliable customers, keeping admin costs down.

If you just want one chromebook, find the cash (maybe get a loan) and go to Amazon/best buy/pc world. Alternatively, you could wait until the mobile telcos start offering them on mobile web contracts for a monthly fee. Such deals will probably become available before the end of the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.