Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first, I thought it was a decent price for a laptop, compared to some others, but on second thought, since it only allows you to access the web, it actually seems a bit much. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
57 Posts
i agree with you guys and i think in one year maybe they will be more Chromebooks by more companies and they will be less expensive. I hope so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think it is expensive and this is against the expectations of many. But let's give it time..probably the prices will come down eventually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think they'll come down in price with time - just like every other new tech thing.

Also, the fact that the person using the Chromebook doesn't have to buy software or worry about updating the OS (like many did with Windows 7) the cost might not be TOO inflated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have not seen notebooks going for less than what a Chromebook is going for. But you all seem to think they are. Someone wanna tell me where you are all finding those cheap computers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
But it is hard to wait around, when it would be so much fun to just spring for the Chromebooks currently available and get started! The whole Chrome OS sounds so exciting and it would be like jumping on board early!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Your laptop does a lot more than a Chromebook. Chromebook hardware is the slowest thing there is on the market: Atom CPUs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's easy to be conned by the price of netbooks. Often the initial dollar tag is attractive but then you have to add so much to it to get something worth using. I liken it to trying to find an airfare online!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didn't know that $400 was considered expensive. I thought that was actually a good price for a netbook especially since it's so new and unique. Then again I don't know all that much about technology and what a good price actually is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
And not only do you end up buying more programs and stuff for your PC, but how many people really use all the pre-loaded software (jacks up the price) and max out their hardware (you paid for that fast processor even if you don't use the speed)?

We have become so accustomed to look for tech specs and buy "the best." What if we bought "the best for the purpose of use" instead of the "best in every category, most of which we don't need and won't use?"

I'm hoping that the Chromebook/Cloud combo is a good balance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, the more I think about it, and from some of the opinions here, I guess it might not be so bad, after all. Especially since you don't have to add anything to it. And because it is new, the cost is probably more, for the moment, and then go down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it's a tad bit steep personally just coming from someone who has a cr-48 and has seen the limits of the chrome os first hand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I might just sit back and wait a while. At least until I hear a few reviews. I want one, but I'm just not sure I am ready to pay the price yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Your laptop does a lot more than a Chromebook. Chromebook hardware is the slowest thing there is on the market: Atom CPUs.

I would expect use-case will be the determine whether this claim is true or false for most Chromebook users.
Sorry for posting in haste...the above sentence should have said, "I would expect use-case will determine whether this claim is true or false for most Chromebook users.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts