Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please feel free to add your thoughts in comparing the Acer Chromebook vs Samsung Chromebook

Acer Chromebook:

Pros:
- HDMI output
- HD screen

Samsung Chromebook

Pros:
- removable media slot
- larger screen

What else do you think will sway people's decisions between these two?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The price related to those differences, I guess brand association to a degree (Samsung is known for beautiful displays etc), possibly a difference in hard drive size once we know what that will be?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Provided the Chromebook concept doesn't crash and burn I assume the 2 laptops from Acer/Samsung will be quickly replaced with better versions and hopefully from other manufacturers too. Based on this assumption I don't think it matters a lot which one you pick as you'll possibly be using a different/better unit in a year.

I'll buy one of the first available (probably an Acer) partly to 'Vote with my $$s' that Chromebooks are a good idea and not the mistake that I'm already seeing in several online articles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cloud3270,

I totally agree with you. We need to vote with our $$ that Chromebooks are a good idea, and by doing that, the hardware manufacturers will create competition between themselves to create increasingly better and different Chromebooks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How about the difference between their customer service/support? Anyone comment on their experiences dealing with either company?

It was a big factor in my choice of netbooks when I got one several years ago.

·
Registered
61 Posts
From what i know samsung has the better customer support as they are a bigger company, though the best customer support is apple's genius bar which is really good, as opposed to a lot of phone carriers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Something that will affect my decision is that I bought a cheap Acer and both the USB ports are broken now. This is my first Acer, so I wonder if Samsung will just be a better Chrome Book than Acer, durability wise.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think that Samsung will be the better seller out of the gate, but hopefully a few more will launch a month or two later and drop the prices down.

I'm curious what a different chromebook (post launch by a couple months) will boast for features or specs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts