Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if I am not wrong, the first ever batches will be bought online(probably Amazon or something like that)

I am just wondering whether this is likely to change any time soon so that you will be getting these in stores around you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure that the chromebook will make an appearance in a store eventually, most likely in 6-12 months after release if it proves to be a reliable and safe computer to use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is it that Google first wants to observe the marlet response then probably mass produce them? I heard someone say they decided to go the online way to target a certain calibre of people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
doubt there will be lines waiting for chrome books , mostly cause there hasn't been any ads out about it. Most normal people i know didn't even know that google was doing this, and after knowing seemed to care more about tablets and smart phones instead of laptops,notebook, or netbooks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, either way, I hope there still be some sort of mass production of the same in case demands grows; I agree that really few people have an idea of the Chromebook and even them, there seems to be some shift of focus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe Black Friday will see people camping outside stores? I think it would be a good time to introduce it into the mass market. People who might be wary would forget their fears in the face of a great bargain!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe Black Friday will see people camping outside stores? I think it would be a good time to introduce it into the mass market. People who might be wary would forget their fears in the face of a great bargain!
Black Friday? Black Friday!!!!!????? I sure as heck hope they're in stores and available before then if they're being released June 15th.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've spoken to two different reps from two different Best Buys...it sound like they aren't even sure when they'll get Chromebooks. The first person said they didn't even have an item number for the Series 5 yet. So far, all that's known is they'll be sold online.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They will be available in stores eventually. Google wants to start online to get those who are already excited about Chromebooks. As the good word spreads more people will want them and they will put them on the shelves.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chromebooks will be available on June 15 in stores right? That's nice, but I want a free one because I'm poor.
Well, June 15th indeed is the d-day, which is just a week away? It seems that we would have to wait a bit longer before we see these in stores.

I want to win a freebie too..:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would really like to see these in stores also, I love going to best buy or where-ever to try out the computer first. I'm not a big fan of buying something base only on the hype. Even though i was freaking out about how awesome a nook color would be, i still went and played with it first. I don't really use my computer for much else then the internet these days and it's starting to fail, so I think a chrome book would be the perfect option. (but i want play with it first lol, or win it ;) )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts