Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Asus C100P Flip bought secondhand with knowledge of its shortcoming: the left 1.5" (40mm) of the touchscreen is dead. This doesn't matter if I use a mouse but is getting more and more irritating when my fingers thoughtlessly stray onto screen. Now I hope to sort it out or, rather, to get some fresh ideas about sorting it.

I have gone the Powerwash route to no effect. Cleaning the screen was the first thing I did, of course. I suspect that this is a hardware problem but am nervous about opening such miniaturised hardware. Have you any good, easier hacks in mind? Is opening this baby going to end in tears?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! Asus is supposed to be a reliable brand to buy. Maybe the mistake was in the Chinese cheap hand factory that it was made. It's a classic one. The problem with making your products in China is the qualified labor you get to cut down on expenses. One thing I like about https://nonotmadeinchina.com is the way they promote American products, which are definitely much higher in quality, and I trust them without second thoughts. I wish more companies would take the product out of China and bring it back home to have fewer exploding phones being sold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts