Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Acer is OK, but I love both Samsung and ASUS. I am wondering what the price tag on the ASUS Chromebook might be. Do we have any details on that yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
are they planning on making one? I heard about an android netbook but not chromebook.
That would be great because they make a great product and have the lowest prices. Right up my alley...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe that there is a rumor going around that ASUS will be making Chromebooks. If you want to read more about it there is another thread that talk about the possibility. As for price tag, I don't think we will know that until Later.

ASUS Chromebook Chat

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think that prices are kinda set...it is going to be 350-500 depending...I really thought Chromebooks would come in for less but didn't..I also thought Android tablets would be less then iPads because of the Apple tax...but they are not...

I don't forsee a super cheap chromeOS device...I Don't think Google is going for that. They aren't XO PC I guess :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would guess that Asus will try to undershoot the Samsung Chromebook. I don't think it would be a smart move for them to charge more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think the Samsung Chromebooks will still lead the pack even with the entry of the ASUS one. We can all wait and see if Chromebooks prices will change in the near future?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is where I am torn rkaaay. I want a Chromebook but I don't know if I want to spend that much money yet. The day I buy it at its current price is the day before the price drops, I just know it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lol, you guys are breaking my heart! At this point the Chromebook prices have not done what I predicted so I am reluctant to say anything. Still, I agree that ASUS will not cost anymore than a Samsung does. If they can under cut them by at least $50 I think they might have a winner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is where I am torn rkaaay. I want a Chromebook but I don't know if I want to spend that much money yet. The day I buy it at its current price is the day before the price drops, I just know it.
Haha, same here! I'm kind of hoping that in a few months there'll be some price drops, or at least some good used Chromebooks on sale for cheap. But as long as a Chromebook costs more than a netbook, no way I'm buying. :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am hopping that when the Asus Chromebook comes out this forum will get some of the free promotional ones to give away to us. That would be so awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts