Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right thread but I need help determining if I need a new battery. Overnight, my chromebook shut down and stopped charging. amber light is on when plugged in but indicator says 1% calculating. I have tried every fix on the internet including reset, powerwash, removing battery, checking adaptor, everything. In crosh, the battery_health said 98% with 62 cycles and 0 current. As of today, the chromebook does not see the battery in diagnostics or crosh and there is no battery indicator in bottom toolbar. I can buy a new battery but don't want to spend the money if the issues is my charging port or some other hardware issue. Anyone else had this problem and figured it out or solved it by replacing the battery? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exact same issue, exact same device. "1% calculating". crosh shows ok. my battery indicator sometimes disappears, I am usually able to get it back with a battery reset.

This is my final search for answers before I get a new battery, as I like you, have some doubts that that is the issue.

Did you ever grab a battery or determine cause?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced battery. Issue resolved.

Although I am running into a weird issue where the unit has to be plugged in to boot. even if fully charged.

Guess it's back to troubleshooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts