Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order for a number of Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks WiFi-only appears to have been placed on backorder. I placed the order on June 15 on BestBuy.com and its already backordered, with an expecting ship-date of June 23rd or later.

Is this a sign the Chromebooks are selling well? Or are there major production capacity issues? I noticed the Acer's are also late.... beginning to think the software wasn't ready on-time, and it slowed up production of the machines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It could be that demand was higher than expected. That's my guess. Software shouldn't have stopped anything. I don't think Google had any reservations about shipping these things while promising to work on the system through the summer for Netflix and offline Docs, etc.

Otherwise, there might be a manufacturing shortage... My bet is that demand is higher than expected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure what's going on, but Best Buy told me orders are being shipped between June 21-25 and there's stock in the warehouse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazon shows the White Samsung Series 5 3G in stock but all other models (including Acer) as pre-order. I wonder if Best Buy is in the same boat. I ordered the Silver Samsung Series 5 3G on 6/17 and my order was immediately backordered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My order for a number of Samsung Series 5 Chromebooks WiFi-only appears to have been placed on backorder. I placed the order on June 15 on BestBuy.com and its already backordered, with an expecting ship-date of June 23rd or later.

Is this a sign the Chromebooks are selling well? Or are there major production capacity issues? I noticed the Acer's are also late.... beginning to think the software wasn't ready on-time, and it slowed up production of the machines.

I purchased mine from a recommended blog site (I'm not sure if posting the site is okay from this forum site, oh well...) click here. I'm just waiting for my order since I like the new laptop cloud based better than other Linux based laptops; I was also one of the beta testers for Cr-48.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased mine from a recommended blog site (I'm not sure if posting the site is okay from this forum site, oh well...) click here. I'm just waiting for my order since I like the new laptop cloud based better than other Linux based laptops; I was also one of the beta testers for Cr-48.
Ugh I posted the wrong link.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts