Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to watch an online movie or internet tv on a larger screen, can I connect Chromebook to it? If so, how? my husband is a movie addict when he's relaxing and that's all he does online.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you mean watching the movie from a Chromebook but on a larger external screen? I would assume this is possible but I would prefer watching it on my laptop.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Samsung Chromebook comes with an adapter from the Display Port on the Samsung to a VGA connector which you could connect to a larger monitor or many newer TVs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep, in fact there are some Chromebook owners on the forum who are already connecting their Chromebooks to their televisions. They are lurking around here someone, but I am sure they will tell you how they do it when they see this.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Update - today I plugged mine into a rather lovely Acer projector, and was flabbergasted to see it project at 1600*1200 resolution. It seems the CB will provide an output at the maximum resolution supported by whatever you connect to it. Dual screen output doesn't work though - the CB's screen goes blank when you connect the external display. I guess this is reasonable with the difference in resolutions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Russ, that is some amazing resolution. I was sure someone would soon discover something like that. Fortunately modern TVs are designed in such a way that they can be used with other devices.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes I tested this with my CR-48 at work (1920x1080) screen with VGA and it worked awesome..but you can only have on up and running at once...no dual screening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts