Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only recently started using Google Chrome, I like it but I still like to use Fire Fox. Would I be able to use other search engines on a Chromebook or do you have to use Google Chrome?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i would agree with woods the only possible way i can think of is running the online parraelle app that allows you to run a widows os through your browser then then load up Firefox, but at that point why run firefox, the search engine is optimized to run onto google. and firefox isnt a search engine, to run a different search engine just type it into the browser.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ben, The Chromebook can run software. I have two native (i.e. non-web-based) applications running on my Chromebook: Scratchpad and SourceKit. However, I don't see Firefox running on a Chromebook any time soon, if ever.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have only recently started using Google Chrome, I like it but I still like to use Fire Fox. Would I be able to use other search engines on a Chromebook or do you have to use Google Chrome?

No to Firefox, obviously. It's a browser. You can use other search engines, though. Chrome lets you set a default to Google, Bing or Yahoo! for "monobar" searches. And you can always bookmark any others you'd like. You can set that in preferences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.