Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Asus C302C for two or three years now and am need of a new battery. I read all of the new Chromebook reviews and ads and they all talk about 8 to 12 hour usage when new. When my Asus was new it got close to that but over time it went bad so I bought one off of Amazon for around $55. It never came close to my original battery in maximum time usage. I would guess I get a maximum of 4 or 5 hours out of it. My old memory says I have had similar experiences in the past with replacement laptop batteries.

I called us to see if they sold the original battery as a replacement and they said no. So I'm posting here to see if anyone might have an answer to this or a solid recommendation for one that actually performs like an OEM battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Asus C302C for two or three years now and am need of a new battery. I read all of the new Chromebook reviews and ads and they all talk about 8 to 12 hour usage when new. When my Asus was new it got close to that but over time it went bad so I bought one off of Amazon for around $55. It never came close to my original battery in maximum time usage. I would guess I get a maximum of 4 or 5 hours out of it. My old memory says I have had similar experiences in the past with replacement laptop batteries.

I called us to see if they sold the original battery as a replacement and they said no. So I'm posting here to see if anyone might have an answer to this or a solid recommendation for one that actually performs like an OEM battery.
Hi - may I participate here. I also need a new battery for for my C302C, and I have searched the web for an original battery with no luck. Duracell has one and there are some more - but which is best and where to buy? I live in Europe. Thanks - Søren

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - may I participate here. I also need a new battery for for my C302C, and I have searched the web for an original battery with no luck. Duracell has one and there are some more - but which is best and where to buy? I live in Europe. Thanks - Søren
Could you post a link to the Duracell? The batteries on Amazon look identical, just different sellers. Do you know if there are software apps that actually keep the cycle timeof the battery being used. I would like a running clock of how much time I have actually used. I would bet I have never gotten more than three to four hours of actual use out of my replacement battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t have a Chromebook, I have a normal gaming laptop, but I think if you need a battery replacement, you should go to the spare parts site, not the forum. Don’t just throw away the old battery, recycle it correctly. For example, I take my garbage out with rubbish clearance portsmouth, so they recycle a bunch of my gear, and machinery as waste is very harmful to the environment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts