Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This may seem like a newbie question, but I'm getting different answers from different sources, and I thought I would put it to the forum. Can a chromebook access data from a cloud other than Google's? Like the Amazon cloud, of which I am already a member. Amazon support says no, you can't access the amazon cloud drive with chromebook. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am not sure about that as well but my guess would be that you would only access data from Chromebook only..unless Google and Amazon are working together on this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Chromebook can access data from any cloud source that supplies a Chrome OS compatible client. For example, I use Dropbox to store data in the cloud. You can get the Dropbox application from the Chrome Web Store. The only data I have in the Google "cloud" is data that is part of the Google Apps that I use (Gmail, Google Docs, Sites, etc.) and that isn't tied to the Chromebook in any unique way.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I want to assume the cloud concept is one that will be entirely developed a few years down the line and we will be looking at where all this started and affirming to the fact that it will have come a long way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The cloud has been around for a long time. I don't know if it is the technology or the people who is keeping the cloud from busting out of its bubble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts