Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about Chromebook data plan prices? Here's what I found.
The data plan prices below are from Verizon.

The data plan prices seem fair to me. If I was to get a plan, it would be the $50/5G (30 Days). Having the 5G network is a must for me!

What do you guys think about the data plan prices? Which Chromebook data plan price is right for you?

Maybe you’re thinking about Google’s new web-only laptop solution, the Chromebook, and you’re ready to take the leap and live in the cloud! But you’re also wondering if that stripped down Chrome OS machine is going to cost you a bundle for data each month. Until recently Google and Verizon had been a little sketchy on those details, but now the monthly prices are out and you can take a look to decide if a chromebook is really right for your needs, and your wallet.

$20/1G (30 days)
$35/3G (30 days)
$50/5G (30 days)
$9.99 unlimited day pass

The Chromebook is a barebones laptop with no Windows OS, no Mac OS, no Ubuntu, and no hard drive. It does contain a 16 GB solid state drive that allows you to save some things client-side, but the majority of your files and work is done in the cloud via Chrome OS, Google’s web-only OS. While Chrome OS does have a web store with a number of great apps to use on your chromebook, the reviews of these early iterations show an OS that is really not quite ready for primetime, and at a price point that is far too high for what it offers. In a world where netbooks come cheaper than any chromebook, and are fully capable stand-alone machines, the chromebook will certainly struggle to find its niche for a while. I predict that as prices drop the chromebook will become a bit more popular with schools and some businesses, but your average consumer is still wondering, “What do I do with this?”
http://thegadgets.net/2011/06/20/chromebook-data-plan-pricing-revealed/

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am seriously ticked off with Verizon right now. They have just upped their cell phone pricing plans. If I have their new data plan for my phone, do I have to get an additional plan for the chromebook?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts