Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Google Chromebook for Education available for Students? Or just for schools to buy?

I am a student, and $20/month seems like it would be an awesome deal for me. All i need to buy is a monitor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wouldn't even need a monitor it be fine without one as a portable laptop and a monitor at home if you'd like and do everything wireless !it would be great because at that point all you would need to do is email your teacher/ prof the essay and such!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Traditionaly offers like this are made available to educational organizations, not the end user (students) themselves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Available to students for few bucks monthly.

I bet this will be a big hit on Internet. and Facebook will be loaded with Students all the time and might be even down like Twitter whale!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes! This is the perfect thing for students. I, as well as many of the people I know, would love this kind of help with college.

·
Registered
57 Posts
too bad that only schools can order them and not students themselves. I don't think this will ever come in Greece :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why would the deal be more for the educator than for the student? That doesn't even seem fair! If you are going to give a break for education, think of the student who can't afford to buy a computer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its funny my school uses Google apps for everything. We still have no eta of when we can get our paws on one. Come on Google help us out here.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
The leasing deal is only available for 10 or more devices at a time. Google can't be doing with the admin overhead of huge numbers of small fry $30 dollars a month agreements with poor students where there is a risk they will default and disappear with the hardware. They offer this deal to institutions who will order in large numbers and be reliable customers, keeping admin costs down.

If you just want one chromebook, find the cash (maybe get a loan) and go to Amazon/best buy/pc world. Alternatively, you could wait until the mobile telcos start offering them on mobile web contracts for a monthly fee. Such deals will probably become available before the end of the year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks

I’m much pleased with your good work. you have good knowledge for article writing and this article is amazing. I am waiting for your next article…. Thank you so much ..http : // friv2games. net

1 - 15 of 15 Posts