Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in a place with very poor internet. My aging MacBook has finally died. Was thinking about a less-expensive Chromebook as my new purchase. Here's what I use my mac for;
Torrent Downloads, Email, Social Media, Watching movies, Some Accounting...

Questions:
1. Can the CB do all that I need it to do...?
2. The lack of storage on a Chromebook has me wondering how to use it. My current mac has a 512G HD. How does one operate with such low HD storage of the CBs...?
3. Have never experienced a virus since I went Mac....how are CBs protected from viruses...?
4. Will a CB work where I live with poor wifi signal...?
5. I love the less expensive route...can anyone recommend which CB laptop I should buy....?

Thanks for the help...

· Registered
3 Posts
I suggest you purchase a Chromebook with a backlit keyboard as it will not only allow you to do your typical home and office tasks smoothly but also helps you to do typing work even in a dark environment. These Chromebooks are also affordable and you don't need to spend a huge amount. So you will save your money by fulfilling all of your requirements. The Chromebooks are often light-weight so you can carry them easily while traveling. They also allow you to run your favorite Android apps as well.

· Registered
3 Posts
A CB will do all that you need it to do when you have installed all the right Apps (most are free), your internet connection should be the same as you experience on your MacBook, you don't need to worry about virus infections as the CB has adequate protection, you can add a mini SD Card to almost all CB's, I have a 128 gig card to use as extra storage.
Shop around, what I did was buy a second hand HP Chromebook 2 years ago, and on checking today I am covered for OS updates until June 2027, so a new one should cover you for up to 8 years? And will still do the job after end of updates!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts