Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Assuming Digitimes got the story correct, why does Google want to push the price of a Chromebook up? Seems like an odd thing to do when they are trying to enter a competitive consumer market with a new/unfamiliar OS.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If they can keep the price point and the battery life then that is a huge win! And really, who has more bargaining power than Google?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't see the price going up for a I3 in a Chromebook. Right now Tiger Direct is selling a HP 15.5" with a I3 for $449.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is good to hear though I did not anticipate these going for more than $500..I had rather purchase a laptop with the same kind of processor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are considering Chromebooks but don't want to leave your Windows apps behind, you should look at Ericom AccessNow, a pure HTML5 RDP client that enables Chromebook users to connect to any RDP host, including Terminal Server (RDS Session Host), physical desktops or VDI virtual desktops – and run their applications and desktops in a browser.

Ericom‘s AccessNow does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX, or any other underlying technology to be installed on end-user devices – an HTML5 browser is all that is required.

For more info, and to download a demo, visit:
http://www.ericom.com/AccessNow

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
AGVirt,

Please can you declare any association you have with Ericom or state your hands-on experience with that product?

To date you've posted 6 near-identical adverts for AccessNow without a mention of the other similar solutions out there (ThinRDP, RemoteSpark).

If you're a customer of theirs and have used it, we'd be interested to know how you got on. If you represent Ericom then declaring that openly and perhaps offering a more personal invitation to try the product might work in your favour. If you're neither then that's cool too!

This is a forum, and we all benefit from exchanging ideas and experiences. I'd also like to gently remind you that it is against the T&Cs for you to just post adverts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, you are correct that I am associated with Ericom. I should have included that information in my posts. I do however, think that the AccessNow solution is very relevant to people considering Chromebooks, and we have had many inquiries from Chromebook users (or potential Chromebook users).

Adam (from Ericom)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts