Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't gone out and bought a Kindle. I still enjoy reading books and having a book in my hand. But, Amazon is almost forcing us to buy them. I was recently trying to purchase a book, and it was only available on Kindle. I guess it will be just a matter of time before I have one, too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oh, I didn't realise Amazon were doing that. It's a clever marketing technique but I prefer to have a book in my hand. It's about more than the words after all. I like the touch and smell of the paper and to make notes in them for discussion at book group.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm totally sold on Kindle and will never look back. I can carry all my books with me, and find that I read more often and get through books more quickly using it. I love it and can't imagine going back.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't own an ereader but I'm in love with the idea, though the Nook looks more appealing to me than the Kindle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a current gen Kindle WiFi only. I'm still addicted to the library though. I think I have to get over the psychology of not paying more than a couple of bucks for books.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I own a Nook, which is the Barnes & Noble version of the Kindle. Now there's the Nook Color which seems so much better but I'm content with what I have for now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a Nook, which is the Barnes & Noble version of the Kindle. Now there's the Nook Color which seems so much better but I'm content with what I have for now.
How is the Nook with handling PDFs? The Kindle sucks in this regard unless you have their deluxe version which is more than twice the cost of the cheapest version.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How is the Nook with handling PDFs? The Kindle sucks in this regard unless you have their deluxe version which is more than twice the cost of the cheapest version.
Sorry I wish I could be of more help but I don't know anything about PDFs on the Nook. I really only use it for the basics - reading and book shopping.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've never read .pdf's on my Kindle, only books. I think the e-ink display is incredible. No glare, I can read for hours and hours and hours and hours... no eye strain, battery life is great, no bright screen blazing into my eyes.

My parents went with a Nook. The rest of my family went Kindle. I can't say enough about my experience with the Kindle - 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a Kindle and I really enjoy it! I love the clarity of the text on the screen, and I love how light it is weight-wise. The only downside is, like others said, the crappy PDF handling. I can get it to work sort of alright if I turn it to landscape mode, but it's very annoying to read that way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been wanting to buy one as a gift for myself but always put it off. Meanwhile, I have a kindle reader in my laptop so I can read books in kindle format.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds interesting. I have not heard of that before, will have to check it out. I dont own one yet either, but I would like to get one eventually.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't own a Kindle. It sounds interesting, and may be useful..but there's nothing like a good book - a REAL good book. Plus, I'm not lovin' the idea of having yet another electronic device. =)

·
Banned
109 Posts
Oh, I didn't realise Amazon were doing that. It's a clever marketing technique but I prefer to have a book in my hand. It's about more than the words after all. I like the touch and smell of the paper and to make notes in them for discussion at book group.
Ditto!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have 3 kindles and love them,my wifes is the original kindle and its stii working fine, I use a paper white and like it and a couple months a go I bought a Fire because they had it at 49 dollars---thought I could do alot with it but decided when one of the others finnally we will just use it as a ereader.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts