Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a volunteer teacher of computers and software for hundreds of seniors at large senior centers here in Colorado.

I build small websites for them and their families. I use Wordpress and Dreamweaver. Does the system allow us to use these web and blog-building tools?
- edie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wordpress you can do (it is done in online). Dreamweaver is a different story. I know there are a few online HTML editors, though probably not as good as dreamweaver.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dreamweaver is a software that you need to install. Chromebook is not a total replacement for a regular laptop. It's more geared for the the web browsers, which is the majority of computer users.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Edie

Programs can be run off a cruzer flash drive. I do not know if this is true for Chromebook yet. Chromebook is designed to run off html5. I have been working with html5 and the Chrome browser, which is basically Chromebook. I use notepad as my text editor and FileZilla Client for loading my pages up to the Domain, my sandbox. I know FileZilla can be put on a flash drive for free and run on any windows computer it is plugged into. There are text editors that can be put on the flash drive too. I just write html in to note pad and save the file with an html extension. Save it in a web folder on the flash drive and then load it up to the web with FileZilla Client

al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts