I have an Acer C720-3445 (NX.SHEAA.019) with Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core 1.7 GHz., 4 GB RAM, and 32 GB M.2 SATA SSD. I have also just bought a MyDigitalSSD SuperBoot2 SATA III, 128GB (p/n MDM242-SB2-0128).
My plan is to have it dual-boot ChromeOS and Linux, although I haven’t decided which distro yet (elementeryOS, LXLE, Lubuntu, ?).
I am NOT a seasoned Linux geek, and I’m a complete newbie in ChromeOS, so please be gentle with me <grin>.
I am looking for verification of the following sequence of actions:
- Backup ChromeOS (twice) to SD cards or USB thumb drives.
- Replace the 32GB with the 128GB SSD and remove the write protect screw.
- Flash the BIOS (johnlewis.ie vs. mrchromebox.tech ?)
- Partition the 128GB (How? During Linux install?)
- Restore ChromeOS and then install Linux (or should it be the other way round?)
Any advice is welcome. I don’t want to start until I’m comfortable with my written instructions.