Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an option in the settings to switch to the Dvorak keyboard layout? I can barely type on a Qwerty layout and I don't really want to switch back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't actually talking about the physical keys (although I bet with some prying those can be changed :p) I was talking about the software. Usually there is a setting under language or hardware where you can change the layout. I use a Dvorak keyboard on my main laptop and my netbook, the former of which I actually switched the keys around. And I'm using it in the US, if that's what you were asking.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry for that last reponse...

You can find the keyboard layout settings in chrome://settings/languages where you can enable five different input methods including Dvorak and Colemak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for that last reponse...

You can find the keyboard layout settings in chrome://settings/languages where you can enable five different input methods including Dvorak and Colemak.
Great info, Droymac. Thanks; I'm contemplating moving from MacOS to ChromeOS and lack of Dvorak support would have been a deal-killer for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.