Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I dont get the great idea to join the program hefty cost for beta testing..
Some of us love to be early adopters.... we don't view it as "beta testing" we view it as "first ones to get the coolest new toy... even if it still has a few kinks to work out"

·
Registered
197 Posts
I dont get the great idea to join the program hefty cost for beta testing..
Chromebooks are not in beta anymore. The price is the same as it will be when Chromebooks officially go on sale this month. This is just a special offer Google and Gilt are giving to those of us who have shown interest in getting one.

I did get the invite, unfortunately they are only offering the 3G version at $499. I am more interested in the Wi-Fi only version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It will just stop working if you go over 100mb unless you have a credit card on file then it would probably charge you for the extra

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not surprised that they are already sold out. Except I can never understand how they talk about unemployment and the economy, and yet everyone can come up with the money for a new gadget.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i made the mistake of ordering one, total of over $ 500. then i started reading the 'issues'. anyone want to buy one? contact me: n y c t e n o r
AT y h o o
it will be new in box.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i made the mistake of ordering one, total of over $ 500. then i started reading the 'issues'. anyone want to buy one? contact me: n y c t e n o r
AT y h o o
it will be new in box.
I'll offer you $400 for delivery of the product in an unopened box by Wednesday, June 8, 2011.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just got my samsung today (Tue 6/7) from gilt. i'm putting it through the paces now.

i came from the apple camp (iphone 4, ipad 2, MBP), so this will be my first android/chrome device.

the built of the chromebook isn't too bad. there are some rough edges to the apps, but that's to be expected.

is it worth $500? not sure about that right now. it was the verizon 2 yr 3G that pushed me over the edge to buy this. i know 100MB/month is not a lot, but it's a starting point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the offer and passed. It just seems too expensive at this point in time. I suspect that they will be discounted shortly after they go on sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.