Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the idea of having a Chromebook. I'm already a Linux user, I'm running Xubuntu right now and love it. I also already use the Google office products exclusively, but I also use Inkscape a lot and the Gimp a fair amount as well. Also, my preferred Bible app is Linux based.

I'd like to upgrade to a new laptop, but don't want to buy a laptop just to wipe Windows and install Linux. There are a few companies out there selling laptops with Ubunutu pre-installed, but they're pricey. If I could just run those 3 apps on Chrome OS I'd be set. I know you can dual boot a Chromebook, but that seems like a lot of hassle for 3 app.

Any advice?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do website development, graphic design and write for a news/media website. I do everything exclusively on a Chromebook. I have Ubuntu installed specifically for inkscape and it runs like a champ. The cost effectiveness of Chromebooks combined with the security and speed, in my opinion, make them the best option out there for what I do. And with the addition of Androidapps later this year to many Chromebooks there's really nothing you won't be able to use them for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I watched that video, pretty interesting. Is there really an advantage of running Ubuntu inside/next to Chrome OS over just reformatting with Ubuntu as the main OS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.