Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I have been Given Viglen Chromebook 360. Model Number : VCHROMEBK 306, S/N:JM01NBEAD00YA8730067

I am trying to get into developer mode but i am having trouble doing so.
After doing the whole boot with esc + Refresh, pressing ctrl+D etc.etc i am then met with a message that says " The device owner has disabled developer mode for this device. Please ask the device owner to remove the restriction if you want to use developer mode."

I have removed the back but cannot for the life of me find any sort of read/write screw or switch, does anyone here have any advice and help in getting around this?.

ultimately what i want to achieve is either running it a Chromebook as if it was fresh oujt the factory or installing windows 7/8/10 on it.

Thanks in advance
CoolPurple

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya

I have been Given Viglen Chromebook 360. Model Number : VCHROMEBK 306, S/N:JM01NBEAD00YA8730067

I am trying to get into developer mode but i am having trouble doing so.
After doing the whole boot with esc + Refresh, pressing ctrl+D etc.etc i am then met with a message that says " The device owner has disabled developer mode for this device. Please ask the device owner to remove the restriction if you want to use developer mode."

I have removed the back but cannot for the life of me find any sort of read/write screw or switch, does anyone here have any advice and help in getting around this?.

ultimately what i want to achieve is either running it a Chromebook as if it was fresh oujt the factory or installing windows 7/8/10 on it.

Thanks in advance
CoolPurple
Okay, so before I can help I need to know what type of chromebook it is.

You can tell by the logo on the top side.

If you don't, here is a common way to do it on most chromebooks:

1. Turn off your chromebook.
  2. Holding Esc + Refresh (F3), press the power button. Then release the Power Button.
  3. Your screen will display the well known Recovery screen. When you are at the recovery screen, you want to press Ctrl+D to turn on Developer mode. Then wait for couple of minutes. untill you arrive at your destination.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts