Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an HTC phone, and I think it would be really cool to own a HTC Chromebook as well... tell me .. are there any rumors of an HTC Chromebook?

I want one!!! Sign me up. I think HTC makes some of the best displays and their prices are always good.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Google isn’t making a Google Nexus Two, and given the fact that we already know HTC is building a Chrome-based tablet for Mountain View, then we can only assume the Speedbook is that particular tablet.

Yes sir ! your speed book HTC chrome book is here!

·
Registered
293 Posts
HTC eventually will get behind it, they will simply wait for Acer and Samsung to show that it is popular first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like we will have more than enough choices for Chromebooks once they come out. Can't wait to see how they will all compete with each other. Should be very interesting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think they will keep them as separate platforms... the way it was described to me was that Android was for "anywhere" you go, completely mobile.... while Chrome is more for a desktop/laptop solution.

They said it won't be coming to tablets, and has no touch-screen functionality.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The touchscreen functionality is a very good point, and the Chromebook ultimately will focus more on business grade Apps in my opinion.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No thanks...

They don't have a history of making laptops. They don't have a current agreement with Intel. They know Cell tech which would be a plus but they also love there own locked skins. I feel like they would be a Chromium dealer at best..that way they could mess it up all they want...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts