Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
why google release another OS? i don't think this will come since they have Android for their tablets

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because the Android UI isn't the web like ChromeOS. I want to work using a real keyboard then use it as a tablet. I want both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's been known that Google is experimenting with Touch support and Handwriting Support for ChromeOS.

I've been checking this out:
Tablet - The Chromium Projects

I would love a Chrome Tablet with a dockable keyboard à la ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.

We could have choice AND a browser that is updated often.:)
Interesting thoguht. Google Chrome OS has a touch screen capability and rumors say that Android might merge with Chrome OS in spite that Google says no.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey, a Chrome tablet would be really cool! I would actually much prefer that than a Chromebook. The Chrome OS would make a lot of sense for a tablet-- cloud storage, tiny harddrive, etc. Plus I bet Google could work in Google Books somehow, like Apple with its iPad and iBooks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Considering that a Chrombook Tablet is already in development, that Asus is the next Chromebook and that ARM is involved I think we will see a tablet in 2012.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That would be awesome! I had a tablet, but the inverter went out on it and it is nearly impossible to get to it to replace it. I've missed it! I hope to see a Chrome tablet!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
+1 for a ChromeTablet that costs half of what a Motorola Xoom costs. That would make sense and place them in two different categories.
What hardware features would you pass up in order for this new device to hit that price point? Or do you think Motorola are gouging customers with their xoom pricing?

Simply adding the chrome browser to android tablets would make more sense , as then this approach could still take advantage of the growing number of offline tablet apps for Android while getting most of the benefit of Chromeos and html5.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just looked and it looks like the Motorola Xoom is like $600. I have seen other tablets that are sold for around the same amount. So I can't really feel like Motorola is the Dodge Viper of the computer world. So, I am going to go with price gouging on this one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was also going to wonder why a Chrome tablet would come about especially with the Android OS already in place but who knows, anything could happen either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why not merge Android and Chrome OS into one product? Then we can have the best of both worlds. One tablet (with optional keyboard) that can use apps for both platforms, online or offline.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How about Dual Boot..if you boot it on the dock it asks you (Chrome OS or HoneyComb) then boom you have the best of both worlds...just a bit more hardware (not much just the verified boot chip).

·
Registered
293 Posts
How about Dual Boot..if you boot it on the dock it asks you (Chrome OS or HoneyComb) then boom you have the best of both worlds...just a bit more hardware (not much just the verified boot chip).
I'd buy that, the variety would be excellent.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah I feel like Android sucks with a pointer (Transformer) and Chrome would suck with touch input. With that setup it would have the best of both sides of Google's approaches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chrome tablet would be great! I'd definitely go for it. I also hope it's going to be a lot cheaper because I think the current price of chromebook is a bit much considering it's more simple than a regular laptop.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I don't think dual boot is ever the right answer. There will be situations you want to quickly switch tasks and then switch back, and if that requires two reboots you have a broken design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using a HP TC-1100 for about 7 years. This year I added 4G Internet speed. I have been waiting for a "cloud" tablet for about 4 years. Does anyone know the latest pursuant to when we might have one?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts