Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both use Windows10 desktop computers, and we are both hounded by Microsoft's frequent "upgrades", their incessant attempts to force changes like "Edge" down our throat, and the never-ending cost of protection from hackers, virus, and malware. I feel like the guy in the movie "Network" who screamed "I'm fed up and I'm not going to take it anymore". I have a plan to eliminate all contact with Microsoft once and for all. The essential part of the plan is to use Chromebooks for all online activity (shopping, e-mail, light games and puzzles, etc. as well as any apps of interest) while isolating both Win10 PCs from any further online connection and just continue using already-installed programs. I'll cancel my protection software contracts, and use imaging and backup provisions in the event of any failure of either of the two PCs.

So what's the problem, you ask? I have been unable to find out if there's any way to mirror not only the image of a Chromebook or Chromebox screen to a large monitor or TV, but also the image of the pointer of the mouse being used. At the age of 89, I need at least a 27 inch monitor for my desktop, but if I have to look down at a small Chromebook screen every time I want to do something with the mouse it defeats the purpose of having a large desktop display. I'm interested in the answer to this question if a Chromebook is casting to a TV screen via Chromecast, and also if the Chromebook is direct wired to the remote display via an HDMI cable.

Please make an old fart happy by saying there's a way to remotely display the screen AND mouse pointer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts