Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been rumored that Asus "might" enter the Chromebook production business with an ARM-powered laptop with a 12-inch screen powered by an Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor and running the Chrome OS. Read more

More...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im not familiar with Asus, but i will be interested in seeing how the Asus Chromebook will do against the Samsung Chromebook Series 5 & Acer Chromebook AC700. Looking forward to a Asus Chromebook review!

So far the Samsung Series 5 Chromebook is #1 on my list.

I also hear a Toshiba Chromebook is in the works....

·
Registered
54 Posts
For me, the possibility of an ARM-powered Chromebook with these specs would be one reason to hold-off buying one soon. Assuming of course that Asus actually intends to have have one ready this year...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you see that the price could be as low as three hundred dollars, or even lower? I wonder if it would have wi-fi or 3G or 3G both.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Man ARM..Quad..and now Adobe is really focusing on ARM based flash playback (because of android). I think you would be looking at a 10 hour + battery too... man excited!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Man ARM..Quad..and now Adobe is really focusing on ARM based flash playback (because of android). I think you would be looking at a 10 hour + battery too... man excited!!
All good points, and IMHO Asus has always produced decent hardware, this could be a real winner here!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an Asus netbook that I really like (although Windows is so bloated that it made it nearly impossible to use), so an Asus Chromebook would be nice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got an Asus laptop. It's very fast and the video is great. The only downside is the reflective screen; it's really annoying, But if they can produce a WiFi ChromeBook for $300 with a non reflective screen, I'm in. This may delay my Samsung purchase,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Between the Transformer, inventing Netbooks, Gaming laptops and now this, ASUS is becoming my favorite brand...

Edit. And that sliding Android Tablet for Fall...

·
Registered
33 Posts
ARM, from what I understand, is the best electronics provider in the world. They make the most advances, and cost effective, processors on the market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is official. Asus will release its Ultrabook in few months.
Install ChromeOS on you Asus UX21 and you have the best chromebook so far.

The label Ultrabook requires the same conditions as the chromebooks, plus few additionnal. Thus technically, any Ultrabook is an improved Chromebook, as soon as you install ChromeOS on it.

Quite Cconfusing, but this post makes it crystal clear.
Clarifying Ultrabook, macbook, chromebook and others

http://chromebookvideo.com/?p=1274

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have never set my eyes on an Asus laptop but I think I have reason to believe and say that what could unflod in the future could get us both unaware and/or unsure as much as we might know it ourselves

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think there are any confirmed details on that, but I am going to guess by November or December. I am glad it is ASUS, I have a lot of respect for them as a company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is official. Asus will release its Ultrabook in few months.
Install ChromeOS on you Asus UX21 and you have the best chromebook so far.

The label Ultrabook requires the same conditions as the chromebooks, plus few additionnal. Thus technically, any Ultrabook is an improved Chromebook, as soon as you install ChromeOS on it.

Quite Cconfusing, but this post makes it crystal clear.
Clarifying Ultrabook, macbook, chromebook and others

Ultrabook unveilled : Asus UX21 shows the way
Anyone know if it'll have 3G? That's kind of necessary for a chomebook imo

Also I would just like to say that laptop is gorgeous, but looks expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts