Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I am going to get a Chromebook but I don't shop online. The only place I have seen Chromebooks is Best Buy. Are they the only brick and mortar store that sells them?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, But you still might have to order it online, then if you want, have it shipped to the store. I am going to get my Samsung Chromebook from Amazon.com so I don't really know how Best Buy is handling Chromebook sales.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was under the impression from the store associates that it was available online only from BestBuy.com. Since I wasn't going to be able to demo it physically, I chose the cheaper option and ordered from Amazon instead.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DumbUglyDragon, do you mean that your Best Buy didn't even have a Chromebook in real life to demo? For real? Are they just really (really!) late getting them or are they not going to demo Chromebooks at all now?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay, that's really weird. I'm pretty set on getting a Chromebook anyway, but it would have been nice to have been able to actually see one in person and poke at the keys for a bit before deciding for sure. Did they give a reason WHY there aren't any Chromebooks in the store?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was reading about this whole issue. The reason that Google Chromebooks are not in brick and mortar stores is because Google does not want people to accidentally buy it, or to buy something they don't understand. They figure if you order it online then you know enough to know it is not a traditional laptop.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was reading about this whole issue. The reason that Google Chromebooks are not in brick and mortar stores is because Google does not want people to accidentally buy it, or to buy something they don't understand. They figure if you order it online then you know enough to know it is not a traditional laptop.
That's my understanding too. They're looking at consumer chromebooks as a specialty gizmo for enthusiasts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts