Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After promises by Google of a June 15th launch date, both Computer World and 404 Tech Support have reported that Acer Chromebooks are nowhere to be found, and Samsung's Arctic White 3G is the only model available for order while the rest are still listed for pre-order.

Did you pre-order a Chromebook that isn't the Arctic White 3G Series 5? If so, have you received any type of notification as far as when your Chromebook is expected to arrive?

UPDATE: I just received this email from Best Buy. All Samsung Series 5 models are available for order, but this means that anybody expecting to receive their Chromebook by tomorrow (like myself) will have to wait a few more days.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Haha, good one best buy, but yes i believe they are still facing a legal battle of the chromebook title with another company as their company also has the name chrome and other legal blah blah

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why would that delay? If I had a pending suit against Google, would my damages be worth more money if they DID ship? Wouldn't I want Google to sell them so that there are "real" damages out there?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a hard time believing that company got an injunction to stop the sale of these things... If they did, I think it would be all over the tech blogs by now. It's more likely that there's just a shipping or manufacturing delay.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, they are not here. There was a news story about it and then Google went all hush hush. I am pretty upset that this has happened, I just hope they can work it out soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is getting weirder and weirder! Has anyone who bought a Samsung Chromebook actually received it? Have any been shipped? Or have they been delayed from shipping out?

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is getting weirder and weirder! Has anyone who bought a Samsung Chromebook actually received it? Have any been shipped? Or have they been delayed from shipping out?
I know multiple people who have ordered one and so far no luck, unbelievable really.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think these are a few issues Google will look into and probably sort before people get impatient. I do not know how they will fare with the law suit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts