Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, when I restarted the latest Google OS update, it trashed my Chromebook. It went into a boot-loop and didn't recover. After many hours trying to figure out what happened, I discover that the muppets at Google had created version of the operating system that crashes your Chromebook. After more exploring and reading I work out how to use recovery mode. Finally - a good 8 hours later - my Chromebook has been recovered and I have lost all of my local data. Grrr.

Unless you know how to recover a Chromebook, and you have all of your data backed up, don't install version .165

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, unfortunately Google published a horrible update, quickly cancelled it and came with a new one shortly after. But millions of Chromebooks were already in boot loop or couldn't log in. This was caused by human error and developers are demanding a bigger control cycle so these kind of problems can be located in early stage. The world now knows you also need to backup a Chromebook :)

How to back up local files on a Chromebook
  1. Open the Files app.
  2. Open the Downloads folder.
  3. While holding down the Shift key, click on a file you'd like to back up. ...
  4. Repeat Step 3 for all the files you'd like to back up.
  5. Use Ctrl + C to copy these files. ...
  6. In the left-hand navigation bar, click/tap Google Drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts