Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what the problem is with my HP Chromebook 11 G4. I'ts not even 2 years old and its hardly used. It will not power on without the power adapter plugged in. The battery level is stuck at 1% no matter who long it's plugged in. Won't charge at all. The power light goes from flashing white to staying solid white then back to flashing. Can not get an orange or red or green at all. I have tried a different power adapter and that didn't fix it. I have done multiple hard resets. I have done a recovery. I have opened it up and disconnected the battery cable from the motherboard then re-connected it and that didn't work. I have tried different power sources in the house. I have been to all the forums looking for a solution to the problem. My last course of action is to buy a new battery and install it although I don't think the battery should need replacing with so little use. I have an older Samsung Chromebook and an Asus and have not had any problems with either of them. I contacted HP and since it is out of warranty they are no help. Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts