Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the touchpads so I use a mouse---however, I can not perform this useful and tame saving task. PLEASE HELP!!! Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Highlighting...

You may well know about this... There is one, quick way around that, which should work, giving you space to find an answer to your earlier question...

Put the cursor at the beginning or end of a word (or section of text) hold down the shift key and use the up, down, left and right - plus home and end - keys, to highlight anything you want...

·
Premium Member
354 Posts

There's also a couple of alternatives, if you are using the touch-pad... This is one of them...

Looking at a page of text, put your pointer (marker) against the first word you need to highlight for copying and single click on the touchpad... Using two fingertips, scroll down to the end of the text that needs to be copied, put your pointer against the end of the last word, hold down the shift key and tap the touchpad with a single finger... That entire section will become highlighted...

At that, press control and click 'X'... That will cut the text...
Put your marker, where the text needs to be inserted, hold down the control key and tap 'V'... That will complete the insertion of the text....

Hope that is useful information for you and anyone else reading... Please give feedback so that others may benefit from what's been suggested

Robbie...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts