Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big hole I can see so far in this design is how to handle business environments which use Windows domains. I have had a test unit for a couple days now and can't figure out how to access network resources when connected to the domain's LAN. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Quoting the ChromeOS support page:

Do Chromebooks integrate into Windows(r) Active Directory?
Yes. Chromebooks integrate with GAIA / Google Apps accounts and Google Apps accounts can be synced to a company's Active Directory servers through use of our LDAP Sync technology.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about Remote Desktop?

I would like to use the Chromebook as a device to access my Domain via Remote Desktop. I assume there will be an app for that? And have they addressed the Wi-Fi Security issue at all???

·
Registered
7 Posts
GApps synced to AD via LDAP

Do Chromebooks integrate into Windows(r) Active Directory?
Yes. Chromebooks integrate with GAIA / Google Apps accounts and Google Apps accounts can be synced to a company's Active Directory servers through use of our LDAP Sync technology.
I can confirm this works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WiFI WPA2

i need to authenicate to a WAP2 WiFi. How long will it be until available?
It looked like it was going to on two different WAP2 networks, but it failed for me. I reduced the security to WEP until it worked.

I would like to use WAP2 or at least something better than WEP

·
Registered
293 Posts
It looked like it was going to on two different WAP2 networks, but it failed for me. I reduced the security to WEP until it worked.

I would like to use WAP2 or at least something better than WEP
Is it a specific error you are getting or is the option just not there? I didn't realise it wasn't supported.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to attach to domain

where do you find on a chromebook the login screen to log in to active directory? I have only seen the ability to log in to email. I am hoping that the email screen is somehow locked down by domain administrator and is something that can be changed in google apps.
You help is appreciated. Yes, LDAP queries are allowed to AD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts