Google Chromebook Forums banner

No Windows? Wow!

8K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Sarah 
#1 ·
The think about the Chromebook I am most excited about is to be free of Windows. What a blessing!!

#4 ·
Is there a website that gives one the chance to experience cloud computing before taking the leap? In other words is their a single site that can direct one to all the online apps that would be used by someone with a chromebook that can be accessed with a typical PC?

#8 ·
You guys know that Linux is a real OS...and super easy to use. Gnome, Unity or KDE for your windowing environment has something for everyone! If you stick to a known distro: Fedora, Ubuntu, SuSE, or Mint...You can also load it to a USB flash device and boot on almost any machine to see how it works... Newer machines pick KDE and older use Gnome Classic. Gnome 3 sucks!! IMO

#10 ·
I also love the idea of giving Microsoft a competition. I've got a Vista for now and in 3 years I have had to reformat it several times already. Updates are a headache and the MS Office is ridiculously expensive. They sell you the whole bunch when you only need a thing or two and you paid for the rest for nothing. What a complete waste of money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.