Google Chromebook Forums banner

OpenOffice Writer on a Chromebook???

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  alonyaffe 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum and have yet to purchase a Chromebook. I would have already done so, but, New Egg is back-ordered on the Samsung Series 5 with Celeron CPU. My overriding concern is, I use Open Office Writer for my extensive writing tasks and Dropbox for storage, and hope to be able to continue using OOW on my Chromebook. Here's what I know at this point:

I have installed Chrome (browser) on a Windows 7 machine and have Dropbox running in (Chrome). When I open my Dropbox folder within Chrome and click on a file, it opens OOW normally with no problem. I just don't know if this will translate to an actual Chromebook environment and work the same way.

My basic question is: Based on my positive experience (above) with the Chrome browser in a Windows 7 environment, will I get the same results when using a Chromebook? My gut says "yes", but, I want you folks to verify this, please. Thanx!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.