Google Chromebook Forums banner

Picasa download

37K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  npeden 
You need Picasa extension (by Google). It installs in to you chrome browser search bar on the right. Here is the link to it. Also you will need a Picasa account to link to.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lhhlohbbihddnfcehbijmlnpkafmmkfp?hl=en-US

You can’t install the regular Picasa on your Chrome Book. It seems to me you would install, create, and upload to your Picasa on line account from regular PC installed Picasa account with Google to get started.

Tresk

I have been uploading and editing my photos from the Picasa extension with Chrome for some time now. The thing I really like is I can edit photos on the fly that are embedded in my web site. You go to you Picasa photo storage at Google with your chrome browser using the extension /click on a album ,,. get to the link - Select photos from your computer link in the drag and drop window. I am guessing because chrome book runs on Linux in the background and Linux would see a USB port at a mount point. It would mount a USB flash dive. If it didn’t why would USB port be there? Clicking on select photo link should open the USB drive contents in a pop up window. Select a photo and click up load. This is worth a try. Put a photo on a clean flash drive and stick it in to your Chrome Book. If this works it should also work for a USB card reader for SD cards. I run a chrome browser on a window XP machine for working, witting, and programming in HTML5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.