Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think that answers the question chromed is asking. I basically have the same question about Chromebooks. If I read the announcement right, it is a beefed up Chrome browser running on the machines. Now in the Chrome browser, there is no way to fetch mails from an 3rd party IMAP account, like most businesses have for their employees. This is because GMail supports only external POP accounts. This is the only reason, why I use Opera instead of Chrome right now, because their mail client supports IMAP.
I really like the concept of Chromebooks and would like to have one, but if I can't get my mails from work in the GMail client, the whole thing becomes practically useless for me. And that's not only for me, but anyone, who relies on IMAP mails in any form (which again, are most businesses). So is there a way to fetch my mails from an existing IMAP account without spefically forwarding them from the IMAP account?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.