Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I have bought a new Acer C720 Chromebook and I have yet to open it. But I would like to discuss about Bluetooth connectivity with 3rd-party accessories.

Will a normal wireless Bluetooth mouse work with the Chromebook even if it says "Compatible with Windows & Mac"?

Based on my research I want something that has a built-in receiver and an accurate laser underneath. Or is that asking too much?

As there are so many out there what guys would you recommend? First thing comes to mind is Logitech which seems to be the "standard" nowadays.

Please advice. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Re: Mouse matters...

I haven't worked with a Bluetooth mouse, but I do know that the Acer C720 Chromebook (that I use) is equipped with a Bluetooth system...

I have however, worked with and continue to use, a straightforward Microsoft wireless mouse (cost £32.00) which is a really smooth operator... The Logitech wireless mouse (I have one of those) is also a good piece of equipment...

Hope that is of interest to you...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But there are loads of Logitech and MS bluetooth mouse out there. Sall i just get the one with those mini receivers? or one with those built-in receivers?

Does it have to be 2.4 or 2.5Ghz signal or something? What features i need to look for?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Tech stuff....

Hi there Gino76ph...

Where items such as the mouse and or keyboards are concerned, I've never gone into the detailed technical aspects of their operation, so I really cannot answer your question regarding that, other than to say I doubt there would be a great deal of difference between 2.4 or 2.5GHz equivalents ~ should such a feature be of importance or relevance...

I use nothing other than wireless equipment and most of that which I do have, works on the principle of plug-in 'USB' adapters, the one adapter working both (one single) keyboard and mouse respectively... My headphones have their own wireless adapter and in most cases: all connections to the internet are made wirelessly using inbuilt features (which are becoming the norm these days) or external dongles...

Hope that helps in some small way...

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
The Microsoft mouse, is a 'Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000'... FCC id: C3K 1383 Model 1383... That's all I can tell you about that mouse...

The Logitech mouse, is on a computer in the IT suite... I shall be going there in half an hour or so... Will look for details and get back to you asap...

By the way ~ just call me Robbie :) I've never been knighted... (Smiling here)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But in your opinion generally speaking any bluetooth wireless mouse that supports standard bluetooth and is compatible with Windows will be compatible also with a Chromebook?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I would imagine so and I see no reason why not: although I've no bluetooth experience, to back those considerations... Maybe others could be more specific ~ SVP...

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Oh yes Gino... The Logitech wireless mouse ref numbers are: FCC id: JNZMR 0020 and the ic ref is: 4418AMR 0020... That mouse works in conjunction with its wireless counterpart keyboard, which is a K260

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bluetooth Mouse

Hi I have a Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse.It connected without any problem.The only issue I have found is that sometimes it doesn't respond.I have to switch it off and back on and then reconnect.I cant find anything about this on the web.I do know that with a Windows PC the default power saving option is to disconnect the device after it has been idle for a while and I'm thinking this is what's happening with the Chromebook.In Windows there is an option to disable this but there doesn't seem to be one in the Chromebook.:confused:I have a Windows PC but as yet haven't tried the mouse to see if the same issue occurs so dont know if its the mouse or Chromebook 'going to sleep' thats causing the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Annie,
Just a thought, Bluetooth may be slow to resume after wake up or low battery power on the mouse.

Colin

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Hi Annie ~ just a quick reply here...
It's just a quick passing thought and I know this is an oddball point to raise, but are there batteries in your mouse, if so, how long have they been in there and were they good quality... The latter can make quite a difference...
I've experienced similar from time to time and it's always been the batteries that were at fault...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for taking the trouble to post.Its a brand new mouse with the batteries that came with it.I have tried it on a windows PC and it seems to be fine

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Hi Annie... Is that mouse working OK now?

I have a Lenovo computer, that came with that brand of wireless mouse and keyboard... I tried the mouse in the Chromebook and it worked instantaneously... So, it would appear that the C Book, doesn't appear to have a problem with wireless equipment... Maybe, on yours it's the bluetooth connection that's at fault... Not the actual mouse... It's just a thought...

Robbie...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.