Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Het guys I am thinking of selling my Macbook Pro and just picking up a Chromebook but I had a question about Google Music. I know you can upload your songs and stream them but what I don't get is with Google Music. If you buy an album, say, for 9.99, it goes into your "cloud account". A chrome book user wouldn't download those songs due to storage limitations but will pay every bit as much as someone who did. Am i correct on this or am i missing something?

Thanks, Norm

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never used Google music, but I have about 500 music files wma mp3 etc saved to my Acer C7. If google music lets you download songs you purchase, then I'd say it's a very safe bet you can save them to a chromebook.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can download a file but the whole point is that there is no need to. i have an external hdd that I use to store stuff and now that I am using a chromebook, I am uploading as much as I can. For any heavy lifting I still use my main system, i,e, photo editing, audio editing, ect. But for just listening while I browse I just use the cloud. So, really the only 2 reasons to download your files to hdd are editing or burning. For that you are going to use a computer system with an OS, win, mac, whatever. The chromebook is not really set up to run editing software outside of the browser.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You do realize not everyone has an internet connection everywhere they go, or in my case, I don't have unlimited data everywhere I go. Constantly streaming audio from the cloud is a waste of bandwidth and precious data, especially when I/you can just save it locally. That of course, is just my two cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You do realize not everyone has an internet connection everywhere they go, or in my case, I don't have unlimited data everywhere I go. Constantly streaming audio from the cloud is a waste of bandwidth and precious data, especially when I/you can just save it locally. That of course, is just my two cents.
You are correct in that sense. If the bandwidth is an issue, then I suggest a decent thumb drive, most are very cheap to acquire. Even a bottom 4gig drive will store hours of music. Just another suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts