Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my friends with whom I have shared a bit about this new fad, say they prefer Samsung to Acer. Is it true that the former will be 40 percent brighter than typical laptops?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, that is what Samsung will do differently? I just figured a Chromebook is a Chromebook. I've been a huge Acer fan for a while, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well it will be slightly brighter and have SUPER high res for a 12inch or for anything under 1000 my 1200 gaming laptop has lower res only place sanding messed up on my laptop except they shoulda put in a better graphics card for that price but sanding has amazing products

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can somebody explain to me why macbook air is lighter, thinner, has smaller screen but higher resolution, faster cpu, more storage, etc..
I never owned a mac, and hopefully never will.. but why does this wonderful new-concept chromebook have worse specs than a macbook air?...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Apple has never sold anything other than closed, proprietary systems that is tightly controlled. The systems carry a premium price, premium industrial design and premium intellectual property. With all of those "premiums" comes a need for high performance hardware to run the system.

Google - on the other hand - is advocating an open technology as an alternative to the traditional PC/Mac model.A Google Chromebook is a minimalist's answer to the proprietary system and focuses on an operating paradigm that doesn't require significant hardware specs to achieve extremely high levels of functionality at very low life cycle costs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can somebody explain to me why macbook air is lighter, thinner, has smaller screen but higher resolution, faster cpu, more storage, etc..
I never owned a mac, and hopefully never will.. but why does this wonderful new-concept chromebook have worse specs than a macbook air?...
Macbook airs have a minimum price of $1000 for the 11 inch and the processor on the $1000 version is not as good as the Samsung Series 5. Basically, you just get more bang for your buck with the series 5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts