Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of Skype'ing - is this something I will have to use my limited space to install? Or is there going to be an app for that? Is the microphone going to be decent - because I hate the one on my Dell....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Perhaps. I'll offer these stats from the Chrome Web Store:
  • imo has 68501 users, 590 ratings & a 4.5 star rating
  • meebo has 6226 users, 36 ratings & 4 star rating
Please understand these are just from the Chrome Web Store, but show that imo has been popular among Cr-48 & ChromiumOS users.
I do not meebo and did not know about imo. I can see why there are more users. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If there is not some kind of app out already then there will be. Skype is major, and like someone else said. If they can put it on smart phones the Google will find a way to make it usable on a Chromebook.

·
Registered
34 Posts
imo, meebo

Not familiar with either of these, are they skype look-a-likes?

I have skype on my samsung fascinate, supplied by verizon, which forces calls onto its network, so you lose any potential voip upside. I'm looking for the chrome to give me a cheap means of video conferencing, fyi..thks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't even think about the fact that they might have an app for it. But if they have it on cellphones, then I guess they will. I haven't used it on my phone yet - just on the computer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts