Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone knows of Sony's plans to release a Sony VAIO Chromebook ?

I think this would be the top-selling Chromebook and would really help both Sony and Google. Sony could get back some of the sales they have lost by bringing a new lower cost platform onboard.... and Google would have a trusted, reliable hardware manufacturer.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I mean the combination has promise, and certainly both Sony and El Goog would benefit, but Sony isn't going in the history books for using open technologies, so I'm not sure if it would even hit their radar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I highly doubt Sony will jump in on this unless they know they will make a ton of profit on it. Sony and open source dont really go hand in hand. Sony is more known for using proprietary technology.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That said, Sony has capitalized on the Android OS, so if Chrome becomes popular they will try to dabble in it I am sure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It took sony a few years to jump onto the Android OS Band Wagon after they realized their OS simply sucked, and threw on a better more developed platform. As far as chrome sony does sell a lot of high end products, but i believe their ties with Microsoft are strong on this one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't see it, Sony tries to go after the Apple crowd with pretty design and intense graphics, that is not what the Chromebook is about at all!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would love to see a Chromebook version of the VAIO P. The original was crippled by Vista, as well as the price. But I do think the form had real promise as a netbook, and would make a great portable Chromebook.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sony Vaio? Are you serious? That would cost a fortune! I won't pay 700$ To a laptop that running Chrome OS no thatnks. Vaios generally cost hundreds of dollars and they are so sensitive

·
Registered
57 Posts
i mean they are spoiled very easily and they need repair afterwards and if your warranty is expired then you will have to pay a lot of money

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is a little confusing. There is no actual mention of a Chromebook or Chromebox, just a VAIO with the Chrome OS. There are some specs, but it still why didn't they just say a Sony VAIO Google Chromebook?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think that must just be a rumor. I mean we are pretty deep in to summer already and I have not heard any official news about that. Maybe a Sony Chromebook will be out for Christmas.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like my Playstation alright, but after the whole security think I don't think I would trust them as my computer manufacturer, not even for a Chromebook. Anyone here have a Sony computer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you, I think this Sony Ericsson mobile phone case is very good, very smooth and very upscale look to the first vision, to ensure comfortable, not easily deformed, to avoid the loss of features to let everyone likes

·
Registered
9 Posts
There was a blurb last year on CNET about Sony releasing a Chromebook. I would like to see as many manufactures releasing a Chromebook as possible.

Sony's Chromebook Vaio-CC111

1 - 17 of 17 Posts