Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't gotten my Chromebook yet, but my brother got his and he was showing it to me. Man, that thing is FAST! I couldn't believe how fast it loads up! It's awesome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, it certainly starts up really fast, but remember that they use Intel Atom processors, which are basically netbook CPU's. If you open lots of tabs with Flash or even lots of Javascript, it can slow down noticeably.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In all fairness the new Samsung and Acer are dual core...which 99.999% of netbooks are not. They are all N455's like the CR-48. Also Chromebooks use DDR3 not DDR2 so the RAM read and write speeds are more then doubled. It seems with each OS build Flash is getting better..I have a buddy that can watch 720P Hulu on his Alex perfectly fine..my Mario is only able to do 480P...

·
Registered
197 Posts
In all fairness the new Samsung and Acer are dual core...which 99.999% of netbooks are not. They are all N455's like the CR-48. Also Chromebooks use DDR3 not DDR2 so the RAM read and write speeds are more then doubled. It seems with each OS build Flash is getting better..I have a buddy that can watch 720P Hulu on his Alex perfectly fine..my Mario is only able to do 480P...
720p on my Chromebook wasn't working very well until I enabled GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D in the about:flags settings. It also helps to enable HTML5 video on YouTube.

·
Registered
229 Posts
720p on my Chromebook wasn't working very well until I enabled GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D in the about:flags settings. It also helps to enable HTML5 video on YouTube.
WebM is different then Flash at 720p. With that on Hulu still won't do 720..I read on the Samsung it will though..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Defualt

Because they don't know if they've gotten all the major bugs out of these yet.
I wish it was on default because I will probably forget all about this by the time I get a Chromebook. You should make a thread about ways you can speed up a Chromebook so we can all find that again.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I find that Hulu in a pop up running at 360 while surfing the web is aweome...stays right on top and I can move it depending on what I am reading..

·
Registered
8 Posts
how does hulu play in a popup? i thought everything is viewed in a browser window and 2 windows isn't allowed...?
I'm hoping Hulu is still around by the time my chromebook arrives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts