Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I read that the Chromebook comes with SSD. All I really know about those is that they are quite sturdy. I'm not planning on throwing mine around, but how much of a fall could it take if the worst happened?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure I read that the Chromebook comes with SSD. All I really know about those is that they are quite sturdy. I'm not planning on throwing mine around, but how much of a fall could it take if the worst happened?
Two answers. First, there are components other than the SSD in the Chromebook that are more likely to fail first in a fall. Second, Google has offered this

·
Registered
197 Posts
The hard drive is mainly for chaching apps that can be used offline. Solid State Drives are known for speed, not necessarily sturdiness. They use flash hardware so there are no moving parts, which probably does reduce the chance of screwing things up if you were to drop your Chromebook.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If anything of an SSD breaking its more likely you'll knock out a solenoid and breaking a chip loose, since it is whole slid product, as for as a failure its pretty hard.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Zombies! ROFL, that video is awesome. I can only imagine they had a lot of fun making that! I want their jobs. And I agree with the others about other components failing first.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the part where they blow the Google Chromebook up with firecrackers. I was wondering why a Google Chromebook commercial would have a warning about loud noises!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Zombies! ROFL, that video is awesome. I can only imagine they had a lot of fun making that! I want their jobs. And I agree with the others about other components failing first.
LOL GOLD! El Goog is on their game with ads for all things Chrome right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts