Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I read that the Chromebook comes with SSD. All I really know about those is that they are quite sturdy. I'm not planning on throwing mine around, but how much of a fall could it take if the worst happened?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure I read that the Chromebook comes with SSD. All I really know about those is that they are quite sturdy. I'm not planning on throwing mine around, but how much of a fall could it take if the worst happened?
Two answers. First, there are components other than the SSD in the Chromebook that are more likely to fail first in a fall. Second, Google has offered this

·
Registered
197 Posts
The hard drive is mainly for chaching apps that can be used offline. Solid State Drives are known for speed, not necessarily sturdiness. They use flash hardware so there are no moving parts, which probably does reduce the chance of screwing things up if you were to drop your Chromebook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.